No matter what type of business you run, your customers should always be your top priority. So, when they are experiencing issues with your product, service, or program, you need to make sure you have help available at their fingertips. Whether they need basic support or high-level support, you should have the support tiers necessary to address and resolve their concerns.
Many times, a company keeps their helpdesk services internal when the scope and volume of their service requests are relatively small. However, as business grows, so does the need for technical support. The need can often outpace the business’s overall growth and, therefore, the resources available to provide good customer support. How can your company avoid having service and support failures derailing your growth?
Outsource Tech Support
AnswerNet’s helpdesk and tech support services give your company the time and resources you need to make a positive impact on your customers’ experiences. Using our years of experience providing IT help desk support, we have developed a list of the benefits of outsourcing IT help desk services. However, before delving into the benefits, it’s important to understand different IT and help desk service levels.
Levels of Help Desk Services
- Tier 1 Help Desk Services address lower-level technical issues that can be resolved within 15 minutes and can be quickly dealt with in a phone call or text chat.
- Tier 2 Help Desk Services help resolve issues that need more technical expertise and extensive knowledge regarding the systems in place. Essentially, you need a highly skilled company that is experienced at resolving more complex issues in less turnaround time. If it can’t be resolved under Tier 2 Services, the issue is escalated to the next level.
- Tier 3 Help Desk Services involve dedicated agents using scripts and trouble-shooting guides to provide first call resolution. Agents will escalate needs beyond their scope or abilities to an IT generalist or to the client’s in-house support team/engineers.
- L1 Tech Support is where the big dogs are called in. When the Tier 3 Help Desk cannot fix an issue, product creators, chief architects, or engineers are brought in. Here, they may duplicate the issue to look for a solution. This helps the Tech Support agents find the root cause and document it for future references for Tier 1 or Tier 2 level support.
- L2 Tech Support provides agents who can troubleshoot hardware and operating system-related issues. These architects and engineers support end-user applications and can help troubleshoot complex network connectivity issues. These agents work directly with your customers’ points-of-contact to resolve issues.