Did you catch the latest statistic from the U.S. Census Bureau report? Apparently, in 2019, the number of people in the United States who speak a language other than English at home was over 67 million. That’s over 20% of the population! We live in an increasingly global community, and if you want your business to perform well, it must adapt to meet the needs of a more diverse customer base.
There are a few methods business owners can employ to meet these needs—inclusive marketing and community engagement, for example—but at the foundation of these methods is the ability to conduct business in multiple languages. This is where the integration of a bilingual answering service comes into play.
What is a Bilingual Answering Service?
A bilingual answering service is an answering service that can serve customers in two (or more) languages. It is a simple and cost-effective adjustment that has many benefits. A bilingual answering service will, by default, make your business accessible to a larger audience, and it demonstrates a level of consideration that customers appreciate. This kind of accessibility also improves customer retention and positions your business as a culturally sensitive entity.
At bottom, a bilingual answering service is about delivering great customer service. Let’s consider a hypothetical scenario: Imagine a potential customer, a native Spanish speaker, is interested in making a purchase. They call your customer service to see if your product is a good fit. If you’ve contracted a bilingual answering service, they can comfortably communicate in their native language. This makes the customer feel valued and understood but also increases the likelihood that they’ll make a purchase and become a loyal customer.
A Bilingual North America
According to Forbes, 13% of the United States population speaks Spanish, making it the second-largest population of Spanish speakers in the world. Statistique Canada quotes a similar percentage for French speakers in Canada; according to the national statistical office, 12.7% of Canada’s population speaks French.
How Can AnswerNet Help?
As part of our base services, AnswerNet employs native speakers of English, French, and Spanish. For other languages, we use a translation service that interprets up to 250 languages with help from simultaneous translation technology and live native speakers. With our help, you can:
- Reach wider markets: By communicating in multiple languages, your business can tap into new markets.
- Boost customer satisfaction: When customers can communicate in their preferred language, you remove a barrier to more productive and profitable conversations.
- Enhance your brand image: Offering customer service in multiple languages creates an environment of inclusivity, an essential quality in today’s business landscape.
- Gain a competitive advantage: A bilingual answering service will differentiate your business from competitors who don’t offer services in multiple languages.
What Are Your Next Steps?
Contracting a bilingual answering service has never been easier. AnswerNet’s tools and expertise enable seamless integration of such services into your business operations.
Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- Do your market research: We recommend viewing census data for the United States & Canada to get a better idea of the demographic makeup of your area.
- Engage with community leaders: Reach out to local leaders, cultural centers, and religious institutions to understand the linguistic landscape and the needs of different language communities in your area.
- Conduct surveys and polls: Create surveys to collect data from your current and potential customers about their language preferences and needs.
- Utilize social media analytics: Analyze your social media followers and engagement rates to determine if there’s a demand for content in other languages.
For more information and to request a quote from AnswerNet, click here.