Call Center Compliance
Adhering to regulatory call center compliance standards is essential to executing telemarketing business operations as a call center operator or running an in-house operation.
To avoid potential fines, bad publicity, and a blow to your brand’s reputation, your telemarketing activities must comply with all Federal and State regulations.
Unfortunately, the number of telemarketing regulations continues to increase, and the level of expertise needed to navigate these rules successfully has become significantly more complex.
Our Team of Call Center Compliance Specialists
AnswerNet has an elite team of certified call center compliance specialists who have earned the prestigious “Customer Engagement Compliance Professional” (CECP) certification. These regulatory experts have decades of experience guiding our call center clients to ensure they comply with all state and federal regulations.
Our compliance assessment process begins with a comprehensive deep-dive into your current telemarketing environment and a determination of your adherence to applicable telemarketing compliance rules. Our 3-phase approach includes:
#1: Audit & Gap Analysis
Our call center compliance specialists conduct a comprehensive audit of your external vendors, internal team, policies, processes, and documentation to determine which areas of your compliance program need to be upgraded or appended. We’ll also suggest other best practices.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Telemarketing Sales Rule
- State Registration Compliance
- Truth in CallerID Act
- Cell phone telemarketing laws
- Do Not Call telemarketing laws
- Scripts and required disclosures for telemarketing law compliance
- Auto dialer telemarketing laws
- Predictive dialer telemarketing laws
- Prior Express Written Consent
- Compliance training requirements and record keeping for telemarketing laws safe harbor
- Record keeping requirements to ensure telemarketing law compliance
- Company Compliance Program including manuals and checklists
In this phase, we continue reviewing the Gap Analysis work with you to determine on which areas to focus.
#3: Ongoing Support
To help you maintain your call center compliance status, our team monitors your compliance program on an ongoing basis. With our expert analysis, recommendations, and general advice, we work with you every step of the way to ensure you reduce risk in every area we outline, giving you peace of mind.
Our call center compliance team provides monthly or quarterly assessments to ensure no potential errors are lurking in the new or existing processes.
Additional areas we will continuously monitor for compliance risks include:
- Do Not Call (DNC) scrubbing
- Scripting and disclosures
- Wireless Number Telemarketing laws
- Permissible calling times and holidays
- Abandon rate
- Abandon message compliance, including the DNC automated opt-out
- Caller ID
- Compliance training
- Data security compliance for remote workers
- PCI Compliance
- SOX Hotline(s)
- Third-Party Verification
- LMS to assure agent training & compliance
- Compliant dialer use based on types of outbound calls made and the phone number type (wireless or VoIP vs. landline phone number)
- Telemarketer registration compliance
- Consent Language for Prior Express Written Consent (PEWC)