Whether workers like it or not, working from home is the new normal; is your business switching to a virtual office?
With this new reality comes challenges you previously didn’t have to consider. From background noise to unpleasant workspaces – this is no longer a typical day at the office.
12 Inspirational Quotes for Working from Home
To help navigate these new challenges, why not consider a few inspirational quotes to get you through the day? Perhaps the following 12 quotes could put your work into perspective and give you the motivational push you need to succeed:
1. “Don’t work from bed. You want your bed to be a place of peace and calm, not work stress.” – Liz Grossman Kitoyi
Your bed is a safe space. If you start logging into work from under your covers, your bed becomes a place of stress and other negative feelings you might associate with work. You need a safe space to unwind. Try to find a workspace that you can set aside for only work tasks.
2. “If you are not limited by a specific office location, you can look anywhere in the country or anywhere on the globe.” – Nicole McCabe
One of the most popular reasons workers prefer working from home is that they can literally do it anywhere. It has sparked a concept known as the digital nomad in which fully virtual workers spend their free time traveling. As long as you have a stable internet connection, you can work from anywhere.
3. “If you want to improve your focus now, you should choose the places where you work or study. Avoid places that have a lot of tempting distractions.” – John Morgan
The most important rule for working from home is to do so in a calm, quiet space. If you don’t live alone, there could potentially be a lot of daily distractions. Find a location in your home that you can truly call your own and make it your designated workspace – no interruptions.
4. “Work-life balance is not just a buzzy, self-help term that real business people laugh at. You need it.” – Stephanie Ruhle
One of the challenges of working from home is finding a true work-life balance. When you’re already in your comfort zone at home – and with no commute to worry about – it’s difficult to know when to unplug. For your own benefit, you need to set boundaries for yourself and know when to log off.
5. “Personal accountability requires mindfulness, acceptance, honesty, and courage.” – Shelby Martin
Whether you work for yourself or someone else, conducting yourself alone at home requires a certain degree of accountability. If there are distractions in your space, you have to manage them appropriately so that you can get your work done.
6. “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Nin
Working from home doesn’t mean you get to slack off. In fact, it can be freeing when you embrace your new setting and learn to manage yourself. Put in a little extra effort, a little more hustle, and you never know what it might get you.
7. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
Teamwork still occurs in a work from home environment. It’s the connections you make through chat, email, and video calls that make it worth the isolation. Even working remote, you can synergize with your team and bring about success.
8. “This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes; it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up.” – Marilyn Monroe
Adjusting to life as a remote worker may present unique challenges. In the beginning, you might make mistakes – and that’s okay. When an issue occurs, spin it in a positive way, and make it work in your favor. Own the mistakes and learn from them.
9. “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.” – Warren Buffet
While it sounds rather pompous, telling yourself that you will achieve your goals is a great mindset to be in. Whether you’re talking to a coworker or just thinking in your head, think positive. You will do excellent work, get that raise, and succeed.
10. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Truthfully, failure is inevitable. You can’t always win. True success lies in your ability to continue moving forward. Every mistake is a learning experience. And every learning experience gets you that much closer to success.
11. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
Don’t be afraid of a change of pace. If you want to have more freedom and to spend more time with your family, working from home is for you. Sometimes, that might include changing jobs or full career paths to find what you’re looking for. It’s never too late to change.
12. “Identify which part of the day you feel most confident and energized and use this time to work on the tasks that require the most concentration.” – Ted Robbins
You may find yourself working on multiple projects at home. When it comes to prioritizing them, consider your most active and awake time during the day. Are you most invigorated before or after lunch? Whichever it is, complete your most important tasks during those times.
Increase Your Efficiency with a Contact Center
While AnswerNet cannot make your home office more comfortable, we can certainly increase the efficiency of your business. Through the use of a virtual receptionist, our ability to generate leads through our appointment setting service or allowing AnswerNet to handle your customer calls are just a few of the contact center services we offer that you can benefit from. For more information on how AnswerNet can help you reduce costs while increasing your revenue, contact us today.